Call (407) 269-8774 to Speak to a Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Our Orlando Personal Injury Team Will Fight for You
Pedestrians always have the right of way when crossing traffic and should be able to walk around with a reasonable sense of safety if they are using a sidewalk, street crossing, and any other type of walkway. Unfortunately, drivers who aren’t paying attention to the road or their surroundings can cause severe injuries if they are involved in an accident with a pedestrian within their vicinity.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), nearly 6,000 fatal pedestrian accidents occurred in 2017, which works out to a pedestrian death every 88 minutes. If you or a loved one have suffered devastating injuries that were the result of a pedestrian accident, then speak to our renowned legal team at the Sekou Clarke Law Group so we can help you recover maximum compensation for your damages.
We are committed to providing a high-quality representation that is backed by practical experience and reliable insight. Our esteemed personal injury lawyers believe that every pedestrian accident case we handle deserves individualized attention so that our clients can successfully navigate whatever circumstances they face.
To discuss the details of your case with our trusted Orlando pedestrian accident lawyers, call our firm today at (407) 269-8774.
What to Do If You’ve Been Hit as a Pedestrian?
If you’ve been hit by a car, motorcycle, truck, bicycle , or other type of motor vehicle, then the driver or operator can likely be held liable for your injuries. However, in some cases, unsafe streets or faulty traffic control devices might also contribute to pedestrian accidents and injuries.
If you are involved in a pedestrian accident, you should:
- Move away from the immediate area of the accident to a safe place, if possible
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible
- Call the police and ask for a formal report
- Take pictures of the scene and the vehicle involved in the accident
- Ask for and take note of the names and contact information of witnesses to the accident
What Types of Compensation Can I Seek in for Pedestrian Accident Injuries?
Financial compensation is meant to make the injured party “whole” again. While this might not ever be truly possible, recovering fair compensation for your injuries can help cover medical and other expenses that generally arise following a pedestrian accident.
You can pursue compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Damaged property
In the event that the pedestrian accident results in wrongful death, then compensation will be paid to the victim’s loved ones.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
The majority of pedestrian accidents are avoidable and are often the results of drivers failing to yield the right of way at crosswalks and other designated areas.
Other common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Lack of Visibility: These types of accidents tend to occur because the driver failed to see nearby pedestrians. This is particularly common in areas like parking lots and driveways, as well as at night when drivers’ visibility is obstructed due to lack of light. Although accidents involving lack of visibility are not always avoidable, drivers have a legal responsibility to be attentive when they are behind the wheel. This includes looking out for pedestrians in areas with heavy foot traffic.
- Reckless Driving: Speeding and aggressive driving maneuvers in high-traffic areas increase the risk for accidents in general, but especially for nearby pedestrians. Aggressive drivers lack awareness of their surroundings, meaning they are less likely to see pedestrians and react in time to avoid hitting them. This commonly occurs when drivers do not slow down while approaching a red light to turn right and end up hitting a pedestrians they didn’t see using the crosswalk.
Speak to an Experienced Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Today
Our team at the Sekou Clarke Law Group is here to review your case and build a strong legal strategy before filing a claim or lawsuit on your behalf. We can also serve as your representative in dealing with the other party’s insurance company or defense team. You can count on us to present your case with passion and to fiercely negotiate compensation for damages on your behalf.
To learn more about your options, call our Orlando pedestrian accident lawyers today at (407) 269-8774 or contact us online to request your case consultation.
“I am comfortable where I am because of his professional guidance.”- Stephen M.
“Mr. Clarke will drop anything to help a client in distress, and that's why I have him in my speed dial”- Wanjiku N.
“A few weeks later I was released and now I'm adjusting my status to become a Permanent resident.”- Desmond J.
Clients Are Like Family
Excellent Client Reviews