Truck Accident Lawyers in Orlando
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, 96% of those who are killed in accidents involving large trucks are passenger vehicle occupants. This is because passenger vehicles are much smaller than trucks and, therefore, more vulnerable to serious damage.
Truck accidents have several common factors, such as:
- Braking capacity. Compared to passenger vehicles, trucks need much longer distances to come to a full stop.
- Driver fatigue. Truck drivers are on the road for many hours on end (legally, up to 11 per day).
So, while large trucks are responsible for only a small percentage of the nation’s total number of auto accidents, they tend to cause a great deal more damage.
Because of these dangerous conditions and the physical difference between a truck and a passenger vehicle, injuries are often catastrophic or even fatal. If you have been in a truck accident in Orlando, The Sekou Clarke Law Group is ready to fight for your rights and wellbeing. Our attorneys have years of experience helping clients secure the compensation they need, and we are fully prepared to take on your case next.
Give us a call at (407) 269-8774 or contact us online today.
Trucking Accident Law: Who Is Liable?
In a regular car accident, the person who caused the collision is generally liable for all damages. However, trucking accidents may involve several parties, and it can be difficult to determine who is liable.
For example, a truck driver may be the employee of a company, and that company could be legally responsible for the accident that the truck driver caused—especially if the company cut corners or set unrealistic driving deadlines for their employee. There might also have been a truck defect or related issue, in which case the manufacturer, inspection company, or truck owner could be held liable.
Liability in trucking accidents is exceedingly complex, but filing a claim against the appropriate party is critical to the success of your personal injury case. As such, our legal team will take as much time as necessary to fully investigate the situation and gather requisite evidence.
Building Your Case
All personal injury cases require a great deal of documentation, evidence, and investigation. Immediate action is paramount, as your case will need to be filed within the statute of limitations.
To maximize your likelihood of securing a favorable resolution, we recommend taking the following steps immediately after the accident:
- Call 911.
- Avoid making statements that may serve as a confession of fault (like an apology).
- Document the scene of the accident to the best of your ability by taking photos and writing down other details. Memory tends to warp over time, which is why your memory will be the most accurate immediately after the crash.
- Gather contact information from anyone who could provide eyewitness testimony.
- See a doctor right away and follow their orders. As a plaintiff, you are expected to mitigate damages (i.e., get medical attention and take reasonable steps to treat your injuries).
- Consult with one of our attorneys before speaking with any insurance representatives.
If your claim or lawsuit is successful, you could receive compensation to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, vehicle damage, and more. While no amount of money will be able to undo the damage of this traumatic incident, fair compensation can help you maintain your financial security, hold responsible parties accountable for their recklessness or neglect, and focus on making a full recovery as soon as possible.
To schedule your initial consultation, call (407) 269-8774 or contact us online today. Se habla español. Nós Falamos Português. Nou pale kreyòl ayisyen.
“I am comfortable where I am because of his professional guidance.”- Stephen M.
“Mr. Clarke will drop anything to help a client in distress, and that's why I have him in my speed dial”- Wanjiku N.
“A few weeks later I was released and now I'm adjusting my status to become a Permanent resident.”- Desmond J.
Clients Are Like Family
Excellent Client Reviews