Skip to Content
Your Freedom Matters

Can I Sue for Transvaginal Mesh Complications?

A woman looking pensively while wearing a hospital gown sitting on a hospital bed in a dimly lit room

You go to your doctor for help and advice while trusting that any procedures performed are always in your best interest. Many women who were diagnosed with pelvic and bladder issues, were recommended by their physicians to have transvaginal mesh surgery. Recently, to protect women’s health, the FDA has ordered manufacturers to stop selling surgical mesh products due to the adverse effects that have been occurring after they were surgically implanted. Here’s what every woman needs to know.

What is Transvaginal Mesh?

Transvaginal mesh is a net-like, suture material, that has been used to help support and stabilize weak pelvic and bladder tissues. It has been most commonly used for treating conditions such as urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse.

What are Common Complications Associated With Vaginal Mesh?

Many women who have undergone transvaginal mesh surgery have reported the following common symptoms and complications:

  • Mesh poking through the vaginal skin
  • Incontinence
  • Unusual bleeding
  • Chronic bladder and vaginal infections
  • Unusual color and odor of discharge
  • Pain in the pelvic area
  • Pain in the hip and groin
  • Pain during intercourse

What to Do If You’ve Suffered Complications From Vaginal Mesh Surgery

First and foremost, if you’ve been experiencing any of the above-listed symptoms or other unusual signs, you should contact your doctor immediately. If you believe that you are suffering and having discomfort due to transvaginal mesh surgery, you may be entitled to compensation with the help of a transvaginal mesh attorney. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you understand your rights and how to proceed with a transvaginal mesh lawsuit.

If you or a loved one have suffered complications due to transvaginal mesh surgery, we can help. Contact The Sekou Clarke Law Group today via online form or call (407) 269-8774 for more information on how we can help you get the compensation that you deserve for your pain and suffering in all medical malpractice cases.

Share To: